The Village Manager is the Village’s chief administrative officer. Under the council-manager form of local government, the Village Council appoints a professionally trained and experienced Village Manager to properly administer all of the affairs of the Village, as described in Sections 2-91 through 2-105 of the Village of Elk Rapids Code of Ordinances.
- Overall administration of the Village of Elk Rapids.
- Community, labor, and intergovernmental relations.
- Enforcing ordinances adopted by the Village Council.
- Organizational development.
- Recommending an annual budget and implementing the final budget.
- Assist Council with creating and fulfilling Strategic Goals for the Village.
Bryan Gruesbeck has a Masters in Public Administration from Central Michigan University. He has over 20 years of government administration and management experience. Bryan is a member of both the Michigan Municipal Executives and International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and is a Credentialed Manager through the ICMA.