The Village of Elk Rapids is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with and learn about municipal affairs for the summer of 2022.
Gain valuable local government experience by interning for the Village of Elk Rapids, MI. The Village Intern will assist with administrative tasks, communication initiatives, a digital archiving project, and other duties as assigned. Learn web management and communication skills. Participate in and observe how local government strives to provide for its community at the municipal level.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General administrative tasks around the Village Office.
- Aid in Village communication by writing newsletter articles, blog posts, and possibly press releases.
- Assist with a digital archiving project.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent thereof.
- At least one year of college or work experience.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Must have housing in the area and reliable transportation.
- Excellent customer service and writing skills.
TIME AND COMPENSATION:
- Eight-week commitment
- 25 hours/week
- $2,000 stipend
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to Village Clerk Kaitlyn Szczypka at email@example.com by April 15, 2022.