Here are the Village Manager reports from the month of January:
January 3, 2022
- Solar Panels: Last fall you approved a contract with PowerHome Solar to install solar panels at the Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP). PowerHome Solar has completed engineering drawings and submitted permit and interconnection agreement requests with Consumers Energy. Permits are estimated for completion within 2 weeks, but the interconnections agreement should take up to 30 days. Once the interconnections agreement is complete, PowerHome Solar will begin installation at the WWTP.
- Ice Rink: The rink is installed at the Elk Rapids Marina, but temperatures have not been consistently cold enough to accommodate skaters. The Village DPW is hoping to open the rink for use sometime during the week of 1/3/22 if we can maintain our current cold temperatures.
January 18, 2022
- Ames St: I met with C2AE, the firm that designed the Ames Street corridor plan, on 1/10/22. We discussed assembling a meeting with Networks Northwest in order to continue to pursue funding from the Federal Economic Development Administration (EDA) as well as the MDOT “Transportation Assistance Program” (TAP).
- Ice Rink: Weather cooperated and the ice rink opened on 1/7/22. Despite recent warmer temperatures (which are expected to drop in the next few days), skaters appear to be having a good time and enjoying the new location.
- Dam Beach: All of the project closeout information in in the hands of the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Project Coordinator. DNR financial staff is reviewing the information and it may be a few weeks before we hear that the project will be formally closed.
- Consumers Energy: Updated Streetlight Reporting Tool: At the most recent “Coffee with Council” event, I mentioned that Consumers Energy had recently developed an app and website tool for reporting streetlight outages. They made improvements and users are now able to easily locate, report and track the progress of repairs anywhere in the Consumers service area. We will re-post this info on the website and social media. (Link: https://streetlights.consumersenergy.com/)