Here is the report that Village Manager Bryan Gruesbeck presented to Village Council on March 21, 2022.
- Public Works Supervisor Search: I am awarding the position to Kevin Lane. Mr. Lane has served the Village and the Department of Public Works for over 20 years while also serving as Torch Lake Fire Chief. He has built-in extensive knowledge of our infrastructure his commitment to our community stood out during the interviews. Please join me in congratulating Kevin.
- Village Park on Bass Lake Improvements: On February 11 I submitted the LOI requesting $85,000 to install native shore plantings, a raingarden, stormwater swale, a boat launch, rip-rap and small parking improvements. Generally, there are only two to four grant recipients for the Planet Awards from Michigan’s lower peninsula and the process is extremely competitive. We were notified that Consumers did not fund this project. We may consider completing the project in phases.
- Potholes: Pothole season begins when winter ends and the ground thaws. Our Department of Public Works (DPW) filled the first holes last week once hot patch became available. Let me know if you spot any that we have missed.
- Ice Rink: DPW will be breaking down removing the ice rink by the end of the week of 3.21.2022.
- Solar Panels at Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP): PowerHome Solar have been installing solar panels at the WWTP. The concrete bases and panels should be completed by the end of next week. Once the units are completed, PowerHome Solar will need to connect to the pedestal on the other side of the WWTP drive.