Here you can find updates from the desk of the Village Manager, Bryan Gruesbeck. This update was received by Village Council at the December 6, 2021 regular meeting.
This report includes updates on:
- Rotary Park Improvements: The Village Council approved the agreement with Paddle Antrim to engage their assistance to secure funding and help manage the proposed improvements to the Village’s Rotary Park. The next step is to work with Paddle Antrim to develop the grant application to the State of Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) Trust Fund. We anticipate the completion of the Trust Fund application by February 21, 2022. The Village Council should hold a public hearing on March 7, 2022 in time to submit the application by April 1, 2022.
- You may recall some discussion of the closeout of the Dam Beach project in connection with the Rotary Park Improvements. The Dam Beach project is relevant to Rotary Park because the Dam Beach Project should be formally closed out to receive a more favorable score on the pending Rotary Park Trust Fund application. We recently received a “Declaration and Notice” from Antrim County (the owner of the Dam Beach property) that is required by the MDNR. Antrim County has asked that our attorney review this document. If acceptable, Antrim County will provide signature and the Village will record the document.
- Christmas Decorations: The decorations are installed and the tree is lit. Let me know what you think.
- Ames St Improvements: I will be soliciting letters of support from our state and federal elected officials for an application to the federal Economic Development Administration (EDA) as part of the MITTIN coalition that we elected to join. The EDA application would be due in March 2022.
- Proposed Library/Island Park Gazebo: I mentioned at the November 15, 2021 Village Council meeting that the Library is interested in building a memorial pavilion near the pedestrian bridge with funds from the Becky Travis Memorial Fund. The Library Board President met with Village Staff and provided basic details. I expect more detailed details in advance of bringing it to the Village Council for review. I will let you know as soon as I receive more information.