Welcome to the Elk Rapids Housing Commission
The Elk Rapids Housing Commission was created pursuant to Section 3 of Public Act 18 of 1933, as amended, and is responsible to:
- Determine in what areas of the Village it is necessary to provide proper sanitary housing facilities for the families of low income and for the elimination of conditions which are detrimental to the public peace, health, safety, morals and/or welfare;
- Manage all aspects of public housing projects within the Village;
- Control and supervise all parks and playgrounds forming a part of such housing developments;
- Establish and revise rents of any housing projects; but rent all property for such sums as will make them self-supporting;
- Rent to such tenants as are qualified and are unable to afford existing fair market rents; and
- Call upon other departments for assistance in the performance of its duties.
The Housing Commission meets monthly on the third Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m. at Noble Pines, 701 Chippewa St. Elk Rapids, MI 49629.
Tony Lentych – Executive Director
Myrna Howse – President │ Term ending 2022
Margaret VandenBerge │ Term ending 2023
Judy Standerfer │ Term ending 2022
Marilyn Leix │ Term ending 2022
Charleen Gretel │ Term ending 2023
Elaine Glowicki – Council Representative (Non-voting member)
WANT TO VOLUNTEER ON THE HOUSING COMMISSION?
The Village of Elk Rapids is always seeking dedicated individuals to volunteer on boards and commissions. If you are interested in such a position, fill out an application form and either turn it in to the Village Government Center or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be kept on file for one year. Vacant seats on the commissions and boards are usually filled in the month of April.