Welcome to the Elk Rapids Housing Commission
The Elk Rapids Housing Commission was created pursuant to Section 3 of Public Act 18 of 1933, as amended, and is responsible to:
- Determine in what areas of the Village it is necessary to provide proper sanitary housing facilities for the families of low income and for the elimination of conditions which are detrimental to the public peace, health, safety, morals and/or welfare;
- Manage all aspects of public housing projects within the Village;
- Control and supervise all parks and playgrounds forming a part of such housing developments;
- Establish and revise rents of any housing projects; but rent all property for such sums as will make them self-supporting;
- Rent to such tenants as are qualified and are unable to afford existing fair market rents; and
- Call upon other departments for assistance in the performance of its duties.
The Housing Commission meets monthly on the third Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m. at the Government Center, 315 Bridge Street, Elk Rapids, MI 49629.
Judy Standerfer │ Chair│ term ending 2025
Char Gretel │ term ending 2024
Margaret Vandenberg│ term ending 2024
Sandy Phillips│ term ending 2026
OPEN SEAT│ term ending 2027
Kellie Sergent │ Council Liaison│ term ending 2026
WANT TO VOLUNTEER ON THE HOUSING COMMISSION?
The Village of Elk Rapids is always seeking dedicated individuals to volunteer on boards and commissions. If you are interested in such a position, fill out an application form and either turn it in to the Village Government Center or email it to email@example.com. Your application will be kept on file for one year. Vacant seats on the commissions and boards are usually filled in the month of April.