Welcome to the Elk Rapids Housing Commission
The Elk Rapids Housing Commission was created pursuant to Section 3 of Public Act 18 of 1933, as amended, and is responsible to:
- Determine in what areas of the Village it is necessary to provide proper sanitary housing facilities for the families of low income and for the elimination of conditions which are detrimental to the public peace, health, safety, morals and/or welfare;
- Manage all aspects of public housing projects within the Village;
- Control and supervise all parks and playgrounds forming a part of such housing developments;
- Establish and revise rents of any housing projects; but rent all property for such sums as will make them self-supporting;
- Rent to such tenants as are qualified and are unable to afford existing fair market rents; and
- Call upon other departments for assistance in the performance of its duties.
The Housing Commission meets monthly on the third Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m. at Noble Pines, 701 Chippewa St. Elk Rapids, MI 49629.
Tony Lentych – Director
Myrna Howse – President
Elaine Glowicki – Council Representative (Non-voting member)