ATTENTION VILLAGE RESIDENTS:
Please be advised that during the calendar year of 2022, the Village Council will meet on the first and third Monday of each month in regular session, except on, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (January 17th), Presidents Day (February 21st), 4th of July, and Labor Day (September 5th) when meetings will be held on the next secular day that is not a holiday for village employees, unless another day is set by the council.
All council meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. at the Elk Rapids Community Governmental Center, 315 Bridge St, Elk Rapids, Michigan (231-264-9274 – Village Office phone). The official minutes of the Village Council and all Village Commissions are stored and available for inspection at the Village Office, 315 Bridge Street, Elk Rapids, Michigan, and are also available online at www.elkrapids.org.
Commission meetings are as listed below and are also held at the Elk Rapids Community Governmental Center, 315 Bridge Street.
Whenever there is a change in the meeting date and/or place, a notice of change will be posted on the bulletin board of the Governmental Center, Village website, an on Facebook.
The Commission Meetings are as follows:
- Harbor Commission
- 2nd Monday of each month @ 7:00 m.
- Planning Commission
- 4th Tuesday of each month @ 7:00 m.
- Beautification Commission
- 3rd Wednesday of each month @ 9:00 a. (Apr-Nov.)
- Downtown Development Authority
- 2nd Wednesday of each month @ 6:30 m. (Sept-June)
- 2nd Thursday of each month @ 6:30 m. (July-August)
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- 3rd Thursday of each month @ 7:00 m.
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- 1st Thursday of each month @ 7:00 m.
- Housing Commission
- 3rd Tuesday of each month @ 3:30 pm
The above scheduled meetings are open to the public and everyone is invited to attend.
Other non-Commission meetings are as follows:
- Elk Rapids District Library Board – 2nd Thursday of each month @ 5:00 m.
- Note: Library Board meetings are held at the Governmental
With seven days advance notice, accommodations can be made for persons with disabilities and/or limited English speaking ability, and persons needing auxiliary aids of services of interpreters, signers, readers, or large print.