In the spirit of the 13 Ways Community Project, the Elk Rapids Village Government is excited to invite all community members with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and ideas to apply for an array of volunteer positions to aid in the decision-making process of our municipality. Elk Rapids is fortunate to have an abundance of highly educated, community-focused people. Serving on a village commission is a fulfilling experience and a great way to give back to our community. The Village Government is seeking volunteers, both new and seasoned, with fresh ideas for the following board/commission positions:
- Beautification Commission
- Downtown Development Authority
- Elk Rapids District Library Board
- Harbor Commission
- Housing Commission
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals.
For requirements to serve on each board and commission, please view the board or commission’s page on the Village website.
Applications are available on this post, the document center, or at the Government Center, 315 Bridge Street. Please submit application to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, March 23, 2022.
- Your application will be filed with the Clerk for one year and immediately shared with the Village President.
- The Village President will make a recommendation for the open seat based on the applications on file.
- Council will vote on the recommended appointments in April.
All of this is per General Code of Ordinances Chapter 2 Division 3: Boards and Commissions, which can be viewed online. Please direct any questions to Kaitlyn Szczypka, Village Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-264-9274.
Thank you for your interest in serving our amazing community!